Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: Just go...

  1. #71
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    w00t! yes yes =] i wanna see the mountains XD

  2. #72
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    BTW, I've seen a documentary about this place in the mountains of Andalusia (southern region of Spain) which is uber nice, I'm putting it on my list of places to see; it's so beautiful foreigners that come and see it tend to move there; it has got Belgian, German, and French families already...

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ May 03, 2004 08:53 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  3. #73
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm getting a French penpal!!
    Isn't that sweet?!
    I already sort of consider you guys my UK and Spain penpals I guess.. Kekeke...

  4. #74
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Penpals?! We are Granaboarders! We are on a different planet! We may be from those countries, but that doesn't mean we are on that planet!

  5. #75
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ive been to...

    Australia - Perth (My most favourite place in this world)
    Singapore
    America (Florida, going again this summer to Seattle)
    Belgium (Lived there for 4 years, despised it)
    France
    Germany
    Spain
    And quite a few brief visits to a lot of european countries, since my parents travelled around a lot whilst we lived in Belgium.

    Regarding the "trend", I dont think the Americans feel the need to travel out of their country, since its a massive continent to explore, complete with different subcultures for each state. Here in Britain, its not as diverse and its fairly small. Ive been up and down this island as often as our temperature rises and falls, and there isnt such a great range of culture, so we usually all just pop over to europe to expand our horizons.

    Also, i really wish i could have a Japanese penpal (preferably female, aged 17 who speaks english) since theres a lot we could learn from each other, and it would give me the motivation to fully learn their language. Alas, finding someone who fits that specification would be a real challenge.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ May 03, 2004 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  6. #76
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    heh, I too want a Japanese (high)schoolgirl to learn Japanese from...

  7. #77
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wiseman, that has potential to be very sexy.
    Thanks for the thoughts.
    A lot.
    A lot a lot.
    Kekeke.. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  8. #78
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cat is right, we do have a lot of subcultures.

    Here in SC, we have people who are believe they won the Civil War and love the old Confederate Flag. In Flordia, they have parties and are happy-go-lucky (or at least where I stay), in Lousiana, they have the Cajuns, in Michigan, people up there are nice and sort of like Canadians, but cooler (part of my family lives there), in Maine they are like sea going people, but will invite you in for a drink. I've been all over the US (Not to the Western part yet, though). I would like to go to a foreign country (and I am sure I will within the next few years), but I still need to go to Cali, Alaska, Hawaii, and a few places in between.

  9. #79
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh yea thats true, some states are like a different country in their own right =P

  10. #80
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Britain is pretty diverse. At least in the number of accents you get around here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •